do sinusoids dream of electric sweeps?
"do sinusoids dream of electric sweeps" live at piksel08, bergen, no
"do sinusoids dream of electric sweeps" is a live-coding performance done in pure-data. it relies heavily on self-modifying Pd-patches that interact in an agent-like fashion.
these agents (aka: patches) can do weird things like:
- move around
- find out about other agents in their neighbourhood
- connect to their neighbours
- exchange data with their neighbours
the human has to do the chores:
- create new agents
- tell agents to make good music by writing their generative code
- tell agents to behave properly by changing their interaction code
- hook up individual agents up with other agents by bringing them into physical proximity
- dissolve (political?) assemblies of the agents by moving them further apart and in extreme cases by eradicating individual agents
the acoustic output is somehwat limited to sine-waves. the visual output is a Pd-patch going crazy.